Monday 23 December 2013

Little things please . . .

I've been promising myself for a long time now that I would dedicate a few hours towards learning how to really do clever things on microsoft powerpoint once I had some hours to spare. Why? So I can make some interesting interactive quiz games to use with the kids at work. Oh yes, never miss a chance to sow the quizzing seeds in young minds, my friends. So yesterday, and earlier today, I made up a powerpoint based on Pointless, with questions all about one of the books I use with year 7.

The most difficult thing was making the counter. I apologise for getting technical here, but I originally thought I could do it with an animated gif. That was unsatisfactory. However I cracked it yesterday evening, and I'm really pleased with the results. I'd love to paste it here so you could have a go at it, but I don't think that's possible - or if it is, then I don't know how.

FOr an encore I made a blockbusters powerpoint game this morning, and that works quite well. I'm thinking about having attempts at Eggheads and the Chase later on. Too much time on my hands? Ain't it great.

No comments: