Thursday 27 December 2012

1227 QI Facts To Blow Your Socks Off

- is the latest QI book . I had no intention of buying this one yesterday when I was browsing the kindle store. After all, how long are 1227 facts going to entertain you ? But then I noticed that this is currently on offer for the kindle. You can have it on your device within a matter of seconds for the princely sum of 20p. Well, even though some of the facts have appeared in other QI books already, and even though my socks resolutely remained on my feet when I read some of the other facts, it's got to be worth 20p of anyone's money.

If you want to check it out for yourself, then click on the link below : -

1227 QI Facts to Blow Your Socks Off

2 comments:

DanielFullard said...

Hi Dave

Santa Claus got me a new Kindle and I too lapped this up for 20p. Haven't started it yet as I'm on reading Ken Jennings book on Trivia scene in the US....what are your thoughts on that one?

Londinius said...

Hi Dan

Right - name drop time coming up here. After I read Brainiac I looked up Ken's own site and sent him a speculative email about it. I didn't necessarily expect him to reply, but he did, and we've exchanged a couple of emails since.

I enjoyed Ken's book, and found bits of it very interesting, particularly where the differences between US quiz culture and UK quiz culture. As a whole I don't think it's quite as good as Marcus Berkman's Brain Men - but then nothing is, that's by far the best in the genre.

Oh, and Ken is sorry about the remark where he labels Britain as a nation whose national pastimes are overboiling vegetables and whining ! I gathered that I wasn't the first Brit to pull him up on that one.